Ready to get involved? There is so much that you can do!
Working Groups or Committees:
Most of our working groups are led by directly impacted people. We who experience an issue know best what we need. All are welcome though to participate and support.
- Workers’ Council
- Housing Council
- Arts and Crafts
- Community Self-Defense (extreme weather and other capitalism- and climate change-related crises)
- Social Media, Newsletters, and other written content
- Education (general mutual aid and related workshops and skillshares for the public)
- Educators’ group (Mutual Aid in the Classroom): meets on Discord and hosts regular workshops on Zoom for teachers, students, parents, or anyone interested in education.
- Book Club: we have recently read “Mutual Aid: Building Solidarity During This Crisis (And The Next)” by Dean Spade and encourage all volunteers to read this to understand how mutual aid differs from charity.
- Food Gardening
- Peer Support (upcoming)
- Disability (upcoming)
- Abortion Access (possible)
Other Ways to Volunteer:
- Buying and delivering groceries (occasional basis, with reimbursement by Venmo or Paypal)
- Rides for community members
- Check-in and intake calls
- Community outreach and organizing
- Tutoring or ESL
- Making meals
- Sharing any other skills or talents or interests you have!